Tuesday, June 05, 2007

June 5 Update

I love the blog - so why do I neglect it so? Time, time, time.

Herb's back to teaching again. One night class two nights a week and one day class five days a week. He's busy. Summer classes are so intense. Today he found out that one of his uncles was murdered. I didn't get very many details since he was at work and didn't have much time to talk to either his mom or me, but how awful. It appears to have been a robbery gone awry.

I'm workless for a while. I teach one Work Sampling intro in July and then another in mid-August. Because of our schedules, I only can do backup training on Fridays after that, and it'll be time to start up with another group of teachers again. I'm going to work on my bows this month. I've got a few orders to do and then I probably should work on the website some more.

We're trying to figure out a schedule for a road trip in July also to see as many friends as possible while not torturing the kids with too many hours in the car at a time. We're hoping to hit Oklahoma City; Lawrence, KS; Blue Springs, MO; and Columbia, MO. I'm not sure how all of the dates will work out but we'll do the best we can.

Owen started at his new school - five half-days a week and he loves it! We're loving it too, as there are two teachers in his class and only seven children. Niiiice ratio. No transition issues whatsoever to the new location/teachers/other kids, thankfully.

Kristen's a big talker these days. The words keep-a-comin'. Of course no one who doesn't spend oodles of time with her would be able to decipher what she's saying, but Herb, Owen, and I are quite impressed with her developing language. The cutest thing the other day: we bought her a ride-on four-wheeler that only requires the push of a button with her thumb to go forward. She was riding it from the kitchen to our bedroom and Owen was following her. Herb and I were in the kitchen at the fridge. All of a sudden we hear her declare firmly, "I do it!" I peek around the corner and see that Owen was trying to push the button for her while she was sitting on it. Herb and I laughed & laughed. :D

1 Comments:

Blogger Peony said...

Oh my god, you're kids are getting so big - and more adorable than ever! I really hope you can make it to Lawrence to see us and catch up. Love you, P

9:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home