Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Oh, The Places You'll Go

So my friend Mary birthed her son!!! His name is John Christopher and will go by Jack. I can't help but like his nickname since it's the firmly male version of my own nickname. Anyway, the Starkemarks *wink* did a Classic Pooh nursery but Mary was telling me that she loved the book, "Oh, The Places You'll Go" and was thinking of ways to incorporate the book into the nursery. The color palettes don't exactly match, however, so I suggested she contact a local artist to see if they could do some Seuss scenes but in C.P. colors. Over the next few days I kept thinking to myself, "Self, I bet you could do that for her." Well, lo and behold, they're coming out nicely. The photos aren't well lit, but you get the idea.


Those two are each 11x14s...but tomorrow I start on the biggie. It's the "Kid, You'll Move Mountains!" page and if I remember right, the paper size is about 20"x30" or so. As I go, I'll take pictures of the process. First, the whole page is done in pencil. And as I'm doing it, I think it looks sorta crappy. Then I go back over every line in black ink, adding detail and varying thickness of the lines and whatever. And then I think that it looks better, but still nothing to hang up. Then, one color at a time, I fill it all in with my handy-dandy non-toxic Crayola colored pencils. As I add each color, I get more and more thrilled with my creation! Too bad I won't get to see them framed (if she elects to frame them, that is).
Kristen had her first dental visit today and did pretty well. Her teeth are fine but we have to watch her bite. Evidently she's pretty close to an underbite (and she loves to make what we call a "feisty" face where she makes a big underbitey smile with a wrinkled nose, so we know what he was talking about). He'll see her again at 2. Owen goes in mid-July for his first big-boy cleaning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Those are awesome! Did you know Kyle had a Dr. Seuss theme for his room as a baby? Such fun!

7:14 PM

 
Blogger Cathy Jones said...

So great Jackie! I would consider hiring you for a Dillon Seuss drawring if you were up for it and not genius-artist priced.

8:53 PM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

I'm cheap and fast, Cathy!!!

6:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home