Saturday, September 08, 2007

Busy Times

School's back in session for all of us except Kristen & the dogs and whoa are we all busy.


Owen's doing very well in school and enjoying it so much that he's now going whole days instead of half days. I wasn't ready for that but it's actually working out very well. The only thing I'm having trouble with is the disconnect between his school life and my knowledge of his school life. It is so strange not to know the names of the other children in his class and not to know when he visits the bathroom or eats something. I miss knowing the minutiae.


A new job came my way and I took it. I'm still keeping my ASU job also, but now I'm working with the Southern Early Childhood Association on their conference and other projects as they arise. My new boss is a very cool woman and I think we'll work well together. As my current boss Joanna put it, "You're both very direct." :D Tru dat!


This week is the Rhea Lana consignment sale and next week is the Duck Duck Goose sale so I've been getting ready for those. I've got 220 or so items going into RL, but there's a 75 item limit on DDG so I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to put in DDG yet. Sort of depends on what sells at RL.


Last weekend we drove down to Louisiana for the long Labor Day weekend and for my nephew Christian's fifth birthday party. Lots of family. Just two weeks before that, my stepmother-in-law's son Vincent passed away in an unusual gun accident, so we did not get to see her as she still was (and is) deeply grieving. We did get to see Grampa Poncho, Gramma Bit, Aunt Nancy, Uncle Harvey, and oodles of cousins. We only were there for 40 hours, so obviously we didn't accomplish much more than the party, meals, and rest.


My mom was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago with diverticulitis. She's having a difficult time adjusting to the diet and has had a couple of small (but not hospital-worthy) recurrences courtesy of a big plate of pasta and a philly cheesesteak sandwich. We had a good laugh today about what's going to happen if she doesn't get it under control...
Herb sent a paper in for a conference in Canada so maybe we'll be doing a little trip this winter.
That's about it for us. Hope all is well with y'all!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home